Friday, April 20, 2012

Pretty Proud!!

So... I have to say, this may sound a bit conceited.. I normally don't talk about this kind of stuff.. EVER! Its uncomfortable and not something I just throw out there.. BUT, I am too proud of myself not to share! I have worked SO hard and come so far, I want to remind myself of how good I feel on my rough days!

As most of you know, I've been battling my weight for sometime now.. Though I've never been a tiny girl or on the other end, obese.. I've just never been super comfortable with my body.. I hide it well, and I do have great self esteem and confidence, I've just never loved the way my body looked. I've worked my ass of the last couple of months.. Working out at one point, 10x a week! I was watching and counting every calorie I put in my mouth.. It's been hard and great all at the same time.. And I have to admit, I had a pretty big smile this morning when I stepped on the scale!....

Hello, 2005 Lacy! ;) This was my weight at the beginning of my senior year of high school! Yeah buddy!  Though  my journey is FAR from over, and my body weight has most definitely shifted over the last 6 years, I feel pretty proud! To those of you also on your fitness journey, keep with it! We can do this! I've even been cheating! ;) I almost think my body needed more calories, because since I've stopped with the strict eating, it's come off even easier! I feel SO good, have tons of energy and I honestly feel addicted to working out!

Hallelujah ladies and gents!! This is HUGE for me!! Bikini body, here I come! ;) With a side of carbs and a little ice cream of course!! Let's not get TOO carried away!

Have a great weekend all! Thanks for letting me be proud for a minute! Feels good!

4 comments:

Kenzie Hadley said...

Linds told me you were rockin it!! I'm proud of you, and you SHOULD be proud of yourself! I can't wait to see you, hottie! :)

Aubrey A said...

Awesome! In fact, after I saw you last, I thought to myself "Lacy's looking slimmer." I didn't say anything, don't know why, but I didn't. Good on you for working out 10x a week! 4 is the most I can do! You rock!!!

Chelsea and David said...

Lacy that is awesome. I am too just getting back to my High school weight and it feels great. Although I did gain 65 pounds with my twins so it's taken a while. You always look beautiful and I love reading your blog! Way to be working out too, you must have some great motivation :)

Springs Hollow Relief Society Presidency said...

Way to go woman! Be proud and dont ever be afraid to say it! ;) Keep up the great work!