Tuesday, September 4, 2012

'Stay'cation and Remodel Surprise!

Oh, how I’d love to go back! The last week of June was our big vaca of the year.. and it was quite fabulous! Our week started off with a surprise remodel we were doing for my Mother-in-law. I have the most talented and amazing sister in law who was DEFINITELY the vision here. But I know we all had an absolute blast helping her pull this off. I went from work on Thursday and spent the evening there, all day Friday and most of Saturday.

Before I get to the before and after pics, I just have to tell Aubrey, Amber and Heather (and the boys of course!) how much stinkin’ fun I had! It was a TON of work for 3 days, but somehow the girl chat, a LOT of energy drinks, a caffiene pill or six, 2 nights of Pizza Hut and lots of time with the family made it fly by! The before and after pictures really speak for themselves, so I will leave it at that! But quite a beautiful transformation if I say so myself! Aubs – you really are AMAZING! Your vision, talent and eye for décor are just a few of the reasons I’m going to miss you so much! Thanks for such an amazing experience. Spending time with you all, the look on JoLene’s face, and the joy in her voice made every second worth it!!

Before :
AFTER! 
 
Amazing, right?! Love it! And so did she!!

Week off!

I can think of a few things that would have been better.. Taking Kailee to Disneyland, spending a week on a beach in the Caribbean, blah, blah, blah.. but really, I may have found another favorite vacation spot.. HOME! We got to spend a week doing whatever we wanted, and it was FABULOUS! As I mentioned above, Thursday night through Sunday were mostly spent at the in-laws doing the remodel. From Monday to Sunday we had time with just the two of us, our families, and best of all, the three of us.. HEAVEN! Thinking about making this an annual thing! SO much less work than an actual vacation and no more than usual laundry ;) Monday we headed up to Lindsay’s to spend time with her and Brody. When we took this week off, it was mostly intended to help her out, but we didn’t want to smother her, so we just stayed a couple days. We picked her and sweet baby up and headed to my mom’s for the night. I offered and LOVED keeping Brody with me that night. We got to cuddle all night! I literally could eat his cheeks! It was nice to be able to help Lindsay out on the night before her birthday, I know she was so sleepy, so I was glad to let her sleep for as long as her mommy body could. The next day was her birthday, we had an awesome sushi dinner and just hung out! Loved my time with the new mommy and baby boy. I may be obsessed with him!

Wednesday we picked up little miss and spent the night at home! She even got to have a sleep over in our bed!
;) Thursday we spent the day at SevenPeaks, Friday evening we hung out at Ammon and Amber's and Saturday and Sunday were chill at the pool and family days. I really loved the whole concept of a ‘staycation’ and am considering making it at least an every other year thing! DEFINITELY recommend it for us busy career people! <3

1 comment:

Aubrey A said...

I still can't get over the room! Every time I see the pictures it brings back such good memories! We rocked it out!!! Yes we did! :)
Stay-cations are such wonderful things! Cheap, easy, and worthwhile! Of course I'm looking forward to our first vacation from here, because that means I get to be around family again. . .and I can't wait for that! So here's to December! My vacation can't come soon enough!!!