Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Kailee's 5th Birthday!!

Pinkalicious Party!

Happy 5th Birthday Kailee Bug!! This little thing is growing up WAY too fast! She had the CUTEST birthday party last Saturday with her favorite girl friends; Jordan, McKaylie, Maddelyn, Brooklynn, Maizy  and Ava. It was based on the Pinkalicious books and it was stinkin’ ADORABLE and we all had so much fun! It was darling, and the girls were in HEAVEN! It was pink, pink, PINK! Pink cupcakes, pink push pop cakes, pink dipped marshmellows, pink candy galore, pink gum, and even pink punch.. If pink doesn’t describe Kailee to a T, I don’t know what does!  Little princess is ALL girl! Thanks Angie, for such a fun party! And Kailee bug.. STOP GROWING ALREADY! 




We were able to snag her after the party for the rest of the weekend.. She fell asleep in the car from all the fun she had and slept ALL the way to our big surprise.. LAGOON! J After a drowsy walk in, she woke right up and literally didn’t stop until after 10! She was in HEAVEN! We rode kid ride, after kid ride, after kid ride and she was so patient in line.. She was the best little girl that day and even got to paint her face and chose a green tiger! (SHOCKED she didn’t choose the princess) From then on out, she was in full character.  Growling and hissing and making us laugh! (side note: daddy loved her SO much and wanted to let her have the $10 face painting on her birthday so bad, he literally ran ALL over Lagoon looking for an ATM. We are so lucky to have him!) Her favorite ride was the swings, I think she rode them 5 times or more! She would laugh and yell our names anytime the swings would bring her close to us. It was pure heaven to see that big tiger smile! She was so good we left WAY later than expected, it was well after 10 by the time we got to the car.. I couldn’t believe, and still can’t believe how good she was.. no whining or complaining or attitude. AT ALL. It was bliss for daddy and I!  the attitude is coming right along, as expected I guess, and it was fabulous to have a full day away from that! She was such a good kid and fell right asleep when we got home. Tiger on her face and all! She even slept until almost 9 the next day! The 5th birthday is going to be hard to top!!


Happy Birthday baby girl! 5 seems so big, and there are so many exciting things happening in your life. You are just starting Kindergarten and you couldn’t be more ready. We are SO proud of you and love you more than you’ll ever know. I’d like to think that where ever I was 5 years ago, August 25th, 2007, that my heart skipped a beat when you came into this world. That somewhere, deep down I knew.. that  my life was forever changed in that very moment. Thank you for blessing me with this opportunity to help raise you, help guide you, help teach you and help show you about this crazy life. I’d never sleep if I let myself worry about all the bad things in this world you will someday face, but I know you’ll be a leader, and that makes me happy. There are so many things I want to tell you and show you and teach you one day when the time is right. I want to save you from some of the heartache I experienced. I want to tell you about dumb choices I made that really made life hard at times. I want to share my mistakes and my bad choices, and even more  I want to share with you my growth and happiness, in hopes that you can be stronger than I ever was.. but most importantly, I hope you remember, that your mom and dad love you more than anything in this world, and so do I! and I hope when it’s a little too embarrassing to talk to them about things, you’ll turn to me. That we can be friends, even if I have to discipline too. In the next few years there will be lots of changes in your life, but the fact that you are our WORLD, will never change.  We love you bug, and are SO SO happy to have a big 5 year old in our lives! Happy Birthday Kailee Grace! I hope your day was everything you could have ever hoped for! XoXo

 

1 comment:

Aubrey A said...

I was telling Angie before we left that I truly do believe Kailee is the luckiest girl in the world! This post proves it even more to me. My wish for her is to realize (one day) how truly lucky she is. Happy birthday Kailee girl!