Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Advocare 24 Day Challenge - Cleanse Phase I

I finally did it! I ordered my first challenge pack, and I haven't looked back! If you haven't heard of Advocare, or of the 10 or 24 Day Challenges, I highly recommend looking into them! Need a kick in the butt to REALLY get going this time? This is the best start! Jake and I did the 10 Day Cleanse a couple of years ago and both felt AMAZING afterwards. This was KEY in us learning what clean eating meant.

This isn't a cleanse like most. It's not 3 smoothies a day, or a box of laxatives! ;) It is a guide to getting your health and eating on track and I couldn't be more in love with these products! 

I finished Phase I on Saturday, and I'm pleased to say, I lost 10 lbs in 10 Days and 4 1/2 inches off of my body! Pretty great for still being able to eat, right?! I feel lighter, and just overall better. It was a much needed boost after all the excuses the past couple of months!

A quick breakdown of what it is and the products you take for the Cleanse Phase:

Foods - Clean foods only. No processed anything. No dairy. No coffee (GAHHH!:( ). No added sugars or salts. LEAN proteins only. Green vegetables. Whole wheat bread/tortillas etc.  No dressings or sauces. Limited healthy fats (nuts, avocado, evoo)

Eating Schedule - Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. This is NOT a hungry cleanse ;)

Supplements - Spark! YUM! It's an Amino Acid Supplement that provides tons of energy, and is yumm-o! A daily fiber drink that you take in the morning with your breakfast. The worst part of the cleanse by far, if you ever do it, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, let it sit for too long before drinking! It will quickly turn into a lumpy goo of disgusting! ;) Mix it in your water, drink it quick and it's not bad at all! Okay, it's kind of bad still, but not awful! ;) You also take a probiotic each morning and Omegaplex vitamins in the afternoon, followed by a Herbal Cleanse tablet you take at night before bed. That's it! Nothing crazy, and nothing that has you on the toilet all day ;) 

Water - 100+ oz a day

Workout - as normal.

Days 1-4 : (around mid day) were AMAZING! I felt better and I felt better QUICK! I could tell my body had gotten rid of all the toxins, and other than really missing my coffee and a little headache in the mornings, I felt SO good! I lost 5 lbs in the first 2 days! TMI, but I probably peed about 23985792347 times that first day! It was awesome!

Day 4-8 : I hit a BRICK wall. My body was exhausted, and literally I think I was going through withdrawals of sugar and salt and CRAP! I felt poopy. Low energy, frustrated, and just grumpy. It was a HARD few days, but I stuck with it and kept pushing through.


Day 8-10 : Energy was back, my foods tasted good again, I was finding a rhythm and groove and knew that what I was doing was what my body needed! A few temptations hit me on Day 10 with being at a restaraunt for the first time and being at a sporting event with popcorn, but I ordered the healthiest item on the menu (broccoli, rice and chicken - no salt or seasonings) and resisted even a bite of anything I wasn't supposed to have! It was hard, SO hard, but I did it!

I know it is BEYOND cliche to say, but I feel SO much better! I feel lighter and proud and excited that this is going to change my body for the better! This is getting me in the mindset and on the right track to eating to fuel my body and not to please my palette. Don't get me wrong, it's been hard too! I love love LOVE my coffee, and cheese, and of course salt. But this is definitely reminding me of the way I need to eat 90% of the time to have a healthy body and mind. My spirits are lifted, the weight is dropping, the energy is up and I'm trying so hard to be more positive, like I used to be! The past year has taken a toll on my spirits and adjusting to this new life has been challenging. More challenging than I ever could have possibly imagined. BUT, I think I'm finally on the right track to a healthy and happy future! I'm also REALLY excited for day 25! ;) I can't wait to eat some of the healthier things I've been craving. Cottage cheese, salads (with Bolthouse dressing!), peanut butter (okay.. kind of healthy!), a little cheese, coffee, etc. 

Now on to the Max Phase (Days 11-14) where the diet loosens up A LITTLE, and the max metabolism burn comes in! I'm excited! 

xoxo,
Lacy

No comments: